More Free Time, Means You Need To Do Things Differently.
Period. How Are You Going To Do That?
Hitting a plateau in your business, or life for that matter, is, well, it is stressful, disappointing, shocking, sad, wearisome…you get the picture.
You worked hard to get where you are, but still, something is…..
You want, MORE. And not because you are COMPLETELY miserable, but because you realize you can have more. Even though you have had success in your business, you realize not only is something missing, but that very thing is all about:
Free Time. You want to have more free time…to do all the things you long for, dream about.
Yeah, you thought you would have been able to take more time off at this level of your business. You got into business to really be free. FREE financially and FREE to do whatever you wanted to and live life on your own schedule.
Honestly, you can hardly believe you are reading this because you have worked so hard, it isn’t easy to acknowledge you need another set of eyes on your business to help you see what your are missing.
AND, you can’t imagine someone being able to have your same vision, not to mention trusting someone to be all in with you.
You wonder if someone could really hold your goal out there when you feel shaky, challenge you to stay the path, walk with you to keep you accountable, understand your market, know multiple ways to connect with your potential clients or customers, help you through those mental breakthroughs that always come when you are ready to grow and a lot of other business building skills you don’t even know the name of.
I know. Because I was tired, too.
I KNEW I was missing something, but frankly, I hated admitting it.The phone call to my first private coach had me sweating through my shirt.
But I was done crying over my “stuckness”, missing out, overthinking…you know what I mean. I finally said I would rather find the right person to mentor me so I can do this thing I am called to do, even if my ego wasn’t thrilled, than spend another day wasted.
So I decided to do like I always do and go for it. All out. Become an A++ student. I was going to learn everything I could from her and many others, and I was going to build a killer business that I made me proud.
When I hit 70K in a single month…my eyes where opened to what I was really capable of.
Making in one month what I hadn’t even made in a full year working as a psychotherapist, shocking. I mean I look great on paper, three degrees, clinical psychotherapist, worked at Johns Hopkins Hospital, successful sales trainer for a large company… what I didn’t know how to do was make big money on my own, develop a streamlined system and do it all..
without any of the guilt associated with “wanting it all.”
One of the things I learned…..I was hiding. Yeah, afraid of my own BIG, BOLDNESS, my own sense of going for it, playing big, full out. Because,
I didn’t want to stand out.
I was afraid to show up and see what I was really made of.
But you see, I was already BOLD. I was already VISIBLE.
I just hadn’t fully
In hindsight, I can see that I have always been someone who stands out, or makes a difference.
And you probably are, too.
People probably notice your gifts. Tell you how amazing it is that you can (fill in the blank here with the THING that comes so naturally to you that you poo-poo it.)
But you don’t believe it (at least not often enough.)
The day I decided to go full out and see what I, Mary Bicknell, was really made of, was a game changer.
AND I wanted to make tons of money on my own…..yes, my own money!
Yes, I know, there I go talking about money. Money is just the result of our growth as business owners and as women. We all have to transform our money story in order to make money (and do it again at every new level in our biz), this is a
I can give to you, if you don’t transform your relationship with money, get rid of those voices in your head about whatever money means to you (ie bad, “those people”, “hardwork” “you are not enough”) you will NOT succeed. This was one of the key lessons I had to learn growing my business. And grow it I did, 450% increase in one year.
here’s the truth……a BREAKTHROUGH has to happen.
YOU have a big vision and don’t know how to fully execute it.
You have had some success but you have hit a plateau.
You have something big to offer the world, you are brilliant at your craft…. but not so great at the business building part.
You are what I call a woman on the “edge of her own evolution”.
You are done with all that shit flying around in your head! The wondering. The overthinking. The WTF “why am I not where I think I should be and KNOW I could be?”
You are ready to unlock all your potential.
YOU just have to do the work. Period. Stop overthinking it all. You have a mission. That’s all you need to remember!
And remember, you already are BOLD. You wouldn’t be here, right now, reading this if you weren’t BOLD.
Brave Outgoing Leader Deciding to have MORE…of whatever the hell you want.
What do you want? Have you allowed yourself to actually say it outloud? Declare it to the world? Or is it a secret you have had for YEARS and you are finally ready to make it happen….you just don’t know exactly how?
Business is actually simpler than we think.
We just need to focus on developing a plan, creating systems to support the plan and having mindset breakthroughs so we don’t screw up the great plan or sabotage the systems.
Mastering the Big, Bold Life & Biz Plan has allowed me to build a multi-6 figure business all while being the mama to my long, lean 10 year old daughter, River, her Girl Scout Leader, home room mama and party planner extraordinaire; the wife, friend and lover to my hunky hubby, John; take a dozen trips in 2015, buy my dream home, rent a private cabin for a year next to a National Forest (I love my heels and my hiking boots), work from home-or the beach-or the tea shop-or my Dad’s house….where ever I want.
Taking personal responsibility and FINALLY allowing yourself to be the REAL YOU will make has made all the difference in your biz (and your life for that matter).
Yes, I am a big believer in YOU.
YOU are so powerful, maybe you just forgot. Maybe “other” people in their desire to “help” have caused you to doubt yourself. Well, NO MORE. It’s time to own your power and allow yourself to do WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT….and that means you need to have enough money to enjoy your free time!
THE WEIRD, THE STRANGE AND THE TRUE:
- I have 3 BLACK cats. (Ladybug has been with me pre-John)
- I am the only one if my family who has gone to college and I have 3 degrees (including one in interior design.)
- I worked in the Oklahoma City Capitol.
- I marched in Washington D.C. for Women’s Rights
- I have lobbied at the Maryland Capitol in Annapolis for hungry children.
- I earned several cars in my sales company.
- I hiked all the way up Mt. Rainier to Camp Muir (this is the stopping point BEFORE you have to be roped in for safety.)
- I love getting up super early most days so I can have my morning mindset time.
- I go through periods of saying…”let’s cancel cable” only to realize sometimes I just want mindlessness t.v.
- I hate when people are late, you get one chance before I say something to you.
- I go to the grocery store 4-6 times per week. (yeah, this is about overcoming my lack of food growing up money story)
- I grew up in an apartment for most of my childhood, and was a latch key kid from age 5 until 13. (we didn’t have money)
- I received a fellowship in graduate school, the only one in my class.
- I was in Oklahoma City during the bombing and helped with the trauma team.
- Sometimes I miss the rush I used to get when working in the E.R.
- Green is my favorite color.
- I love living in Oregon, I would have moved here 25 years ago if I had known about the grandeur and beauty.
- I can’t wait to decorate our new home and our new cabin. The cabin is red on the outside so I am going to give a nod to Americana (but not in a tacky way).
- I believe you can’t have too many black shoes. (I see you nodding.)
- I love River and time is flying by so fast I get weepy about it all the time (even right now as I type this).
- I had to kiss a lot of toads before John.